Recommendations and Objectives
- The immediate removal of Thimerosal—the known neurotoxin mercury-containing preservative—from all vaccines around the world.
- Other safe and effective preservatives are available right now.
- Our objective is to protect public health by stopping the unnecessary use of a known toxin in a vital public health program.
- Reevaluation of multi-dose vials considering reports of 60% wastage and missed vaccination opportunities due to healthcare worker unwillingness to open 30-dose vials for just a few vaccinations.
- Consideration of switching to single-dose vials, the use of 2-PE (an existing and safer alternative preservative), and research into new and different preservative options.
Did you know?
From New York Times bestselling author Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., comes a science-based call for the immediate removal of the dangerous mercury-containing preservative Thimerosal from vaccines.
Over a decade ago, following a sharp rise in developmental disorders such as autism and ADHD, the mercury-containing preservative Thimerosal was widely believed to have been eliminated from vaccine supplies in the United States and abroad. However, dangerous quantities of Thimerosal continue to be used, posing a significant threat to public health and leading to a crisis of faith in vaccine safety.
In this groundbreaking book, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., examines the research literature on Thimerosal and makes a very clear statement about its potentially dangerous effects. In the past, the CDC, FDA, NIH, and AAP, as well as the US Congress, the American Academy of Family Physicians, the US Department of Agriculture, the European Medicines Agency, and the California Environmental Protection Agency have expressed concerns over the use of Thimerosal in vaccines. But despite the many voices calling for action, the media and policy makers have repeatedly failed to adequately address the issue.
Now, with Thimerosal: Let the Science Speak, the science supporting the elimination of this toxic chemical from the world’s vaccine supplies, and its replacement with already available safer alternatives, is all in one place. Making this change should increase vaccination rates by restoring the trust of concerned parents in the vaccine program—a program that is so vitally important to public health.
Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., JD, LLM, is senior attorney for the Natural Resources Defense Council, chief prosecuting attorney for the Hudson Riverkeeper, and president of Waterkeeper Alliance. He was named one of Time magazine’s “Heroes for the Planet” for his success in helping restore the Hudson River, and he continues to fight for environmental issues across the Americas. He is the bestselling author of Crimes Against Nature.
Mark Hyman, MD, is chairman of the board of the Institute for Functional Medicine. In addition to being a practicing family physician, he has worked with the Clinton Global Initiative, the World Economic Forum, and many other organizations on global health issues. He is the author of several New York Times bestsellers including The Blood Sugar Solution and The UltraMind Solution.
Martha R. Herbert, PhD, MD, is an assistant professor of neurology at Harvard Medical School, a pediatric neuroscientist at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, and an affiliate of the Harvard-MIT-MGH Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging.